Hi everybody,

We have a non-administerer X-Windows display (no mouse, no keyboard)
(both Window managers: Gnome or KDE would do fine)
with a 2x2 virtual desktop due to monitor size (and price ;-)
restrictions. We would like to get two main functionalities:
- Automatic virtual desktop change without keyboard entry
    I thought something like the following would do the trick
     a) "chvt for XWindows"
     b) send the Alt+F1 to the XWindows environment from a script
     c) automatic window iconize & maximize from a script

- Windows size & position configuration recovery
  (some thing like a XWindows-for-all --geometry parameter)
   For this bit, the problem is that we have applications other than
Netscape/Mozilla running.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Manuel