Hughes, Michael wrote:

According to the User Guide located at www.gnome.org there is a menu editor

clipped from website

" The Menu Editor is a configuration tool for the Main Menu. The Menu Editor
is started by clicking on the Main Menu Launcher or Programs in the Global
Main Menu (the "Foot" menu) and selecting Settings->Menu editor."

I have Red Hat 8.0 installed -- Using Gnome as the Window Manager / Desktop
Environment and I will be danged if I can find this Menu Editor.
There is no selection titled SETTINGS, much less anything that says Menu
Editor.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to where this is.

It doesn't exist. Search the list archives for the details. (psyche list.)