Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem trying to upgrade
an RH7.2 kernel to 2.4.18 on a Dell PowerEdge 2650.

I made sure that kernel-source package exists,
downloaded the 2.4.18 kernel from kernel.org.

make xconfig ran without any problems. I selected
the modules/configs I want, save and exit.
/usr/src/linux/.config has all the params I
need. Then ran make dep. No errors.

After that, make, make bzImage and make modules
also ran without errors. Problem is this- after
running make modules_install, I do not see any
modules installed under /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers.
It has only net. Why is make modules_install not
installing any modules ? Am I missing something ?
As a result, the new kernel has no drivers
and I can't boot....

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers.

Chandra