A couple of my TrueType fonts are not showing up properly in
OpenOffice.org under Redhat 8.0.

I used the OpenOffice Printer Administration utility to install the
fonts, just as I have done in the past, and the install seemed to go OK,
and the fonts appear the the OO font menu.  However, when the font is
selected and I type, the cursor moves, but no characters are displayed
on the screen.

This didn't happen with other non RH versions of OpenOffice that I used
in the past.  And the font shows up fine in other applications such as
gedit, etc.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Will anything happen if I replace Redhat's Openoffice distro with the
one from the OpenOffice.org site?

Thanks.