> Kazaa and Kazaa Lite both have an option for disabling the downloading of
> files that "might contain trojans".  The difference is, Kazaa protects you
> by enabling that option, and Kazaa Lite does not.  So after using Kazaa
for
> a while, I switched to Kazaa Lite - and assumed the same default was used.

<SNIP>

Just wanted to mention that on our network, when Kazaa Lite is run (throught
the Linux box), portsentry hack attempts increase at least 5-fold. This is
not coincidence IMNSHO. A person I know on another home network was
completely rootkitted, and virii installed on all 3 client PCs even with
Norton's installed on the client PCs, and portsentry and tripwire on the
Linux box.

Kazaa seems to 'open' the boxes substantially. No idea how exactly - but I
can't ignore the results here.

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)