Title: Refreshing a window

RedHat 8.0-

I started an application yesterday that probably will run for a while.  I locked the screen and unlocked it this morning.  The application window now appears "hung" since the inner window is blank.  I imagine that it is still processing in the background and doing it's work.  Is there a way to refresh the inner window or to use some tool to check the status of the application.  A quick ps -eaf shows that the process is still there but I want to know what it's doing.  A refresh of that application windows would be the best.

Thanks,
Brian