On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 12:07, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>     As I'm rebuilding several of my servers, I'm wondering if I should consider
> RH8.0, or whether I should stick to 7.3.  Past experience has taught me to wait
> for a .1 or .2 release, and I'm wondering if that's still the case with 8.0.
> Anyone care to comment?

I'd stick with 7.3 for servers unless you know that you need something
from 8.0.  Most server applications have been developed for that
environment (apache 1.3, older php, etc), and are more likely to work
out of the box there.  You'll also feel less pressure to upgrade to a
new OS release when they're made.  7.3 will continue to be a stable
platform for some time to come, and you should only need to apply
errata.