*I'm**so**confused**by**all**of**this*

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: mark [mailto:whitroth@;enteract.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 2:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: html email

On Thursday 24 October 2002 01:15 pm,  Daniel Goldin is done writ:
> David Wheeler is a self-professed Linux newbie, attempting to
> install Redhat for the first time. Singling him out--however

I did *not* single him out. I *said* that his was there, and I didn't,
in
fact, mention that it was the most egregious html mail in several
digests. I
chose that specifically for being, also, as long as it was, to drive
home to
those who read this list just why the rest of us are complaining, *NOT*
attack Mr. Wheeler. I'm just *trying* to give them a clue that means
something.

This was not a "breach of Nettiquite. Go find the Netiquitte FAQ. I did
not
flame *either* Mr. Wheeler, nor anyone else. I made no personal attacks.
In
fact, if you found fault with what I said, I'd say that it was more
appropriate for you, Mr. Goldin, to email me directly. Also, as another
poster mentioned, there was no reason not to edit your post, so as to
cut out
my very long example. That, in fact, is a breach of Nettiquite, which
says
that one should cut out items that do not directly relate to putting
your
message in context.

If you would like to talk about this further, please - let's take it
offline.
Email me at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Note that I have cc'd you, as well
as
posted to the list. This should *not* be about acrimony, but about the
appropriate strategy and tactics to teach newbies about the culture
they're
coming into.

Oh, and btw, I read my email these days in kmail. I have "view email as
html"
explicitly turned off, so that (and I am *not* referring to anyone here,
but
to my daily dose of spam) some idiot's frivolous javascript, or extreme
M$
extensions that nothing but vx.xxx of IE will render, will not crash
kmail.

Again, it's all about content, not style.

        mark