On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 17:22, Yung H Loh/cis/evp/Okstate wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am a newbie. I have just installed RedHat 8.0 and I could not get the
> dhclient to start automatically everytime the machine reboot. I made sure
> that the ifcfg-eth0 file has entry:
>
> bootproto=dhcp
>
> What else should I do?

I think more information is needed.  What happens when the boot sequence
trys to bring the interface up?  You should be able to look in
/var/log/messages and search for eth0

I usually use less to do this since less is more than more :)
from the command line do:
less /var/log/messages

once your are in the file, type /eth0, hit n until you see the error
messages

use your mouse to cut the messages about eth0 and post them to the
list.  That should get us started.

Bret