On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a machine that when you powerdown it runs what looks like a
> program reading or writing beyond its proper memory address. It spews a
> loop of garbage. It is fine if you halt with out powerdown. Just
> wondering if anyone has any idea of the cause.

Sounds like you should enable the magic_sysrq_keys and do a dump after the
next failure. Report it as a bug on bugzilla or the appropriate kernel
forum, and see if anyone can decode it for you.

--
"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the
friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

                        - Holly, JMC Vessel *Red Dwarf*