On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 08:14:17AM -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> On Jue 24 Oct 2002 04:49, Thomas Ribbrock wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > - Install Aurora Linux
> >   This is a Sparc distro based on RHL 7.3, supported by volunteers. It's
> >   still under heavy development, though. See:
> >   http://auroralinux.org/
>
> I'm checking this right now. Didn't know about it

It's not that old yet... ;-)

[...]
> > - Find another Sparc-based Unix OS
> >   E.g. OpenBSD, but there are others.
>
> No. As of the last time I was looking for a replacemente for Solaris there
> was no OpenBSD port (not even in progress), but there was a NetBSD port
> (no XFree on this port).

Then it must be quite some time since you've checked... ;-)
OpenBSD 3.0 was the first sparc64 release, though not quite as featureful as
for sparc. OpenBSD 3.1 came with better supported sparc64 (albeit still not
fully complete) and OpenBSD 3.2 (due soon) will support even more.
See: http://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html

I had OpenBSD 3.1 briefly installed on my U1/140 and it worked ok - I'm
looking forward to 3.2 now.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                                       ...'cause only lusers quote signatures!