"Michael Rubin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm running RH 7.1.  The box has dual NICs.  Right now it has two IP
>addresses -- some websites are hardcoded to one, some to the other.  Should
>I look into channel-bonding the ethernet cards?  What's the benefit?  Has
>anyone tried this?
>
>Thanks!
>

>--

Bought a couple of Raidzone's last year that came installed with RH7 and Channel
bonding setup. We loaded them with Arkeia to use as backup servers. At one point we
split the two NIC cards up (seperate IP's) thinking that we could run faster if we
managed which system backud up to which card. We found that we were better off to
re-instate the bonding and run multiple backups at once. Bonding was better able to
balance the load than we were.

Of course for a web server there is always network redundancy to consider. Which is
much less an issue for backup servers.

Bob