Ernest E Vogelsinger wrote:
At 18:04 27.10.2002, Joseph A Nagy Jr said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------

I think the subject says it all, but in case it doesn't, I'm looking to enable file sharing on the XP box so that I can move files to/from the XP computer to the Linux box.
--------------------[snip]--------------------
Step 1: share the folder on your XP box you want to move files from/to
Step 2: mount the share on your RH box using smbfs (available if you have
Samba installed which should be with a standard RH installation).
Step 3: use the XP folder just as a regular Linux folder.

Mor info on how to mount SMB shares:
man smbclient
man mount

Example:
mount -t smbfs //server/share /linux/folder -o
username=XPUser,password=XPPassword

will mount the share "share" located on server "server" into the directory
"/linux/folder" (which must already exist).

HTH,

Well, it does a little. It'd help even more if I could start whatever server XP is blabbing about when I go to share the folder on the XP box I'm wanting. Looks as if man smbclient is just gonna be pure educational reading as apparently I can't share folders from my XP box. *kicks XP*

I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, if I ever get to actually try any of this, I'll let you guys know.

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr
Founder and Partner

Purgatory is where Windoze users go when they
die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into
whatever higher plane one believes in.
Help bring the flyer home!
http://www.geocities.com/grand_dream/