Here's the pools I use:

delay_pools 2

delay_class 1 3
delay_access 1 allow lowend1
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 32000/32000 8000/8000 5000/64000

delay_class 2 3
delay_access 2 allow lowend2
delay_access 2 deny all
delay_parameters 2 32000/32000 8000/8000 6000/64000

The parameters are explained in the default file.

# DELAY POOL PARAMETERS (all require DELAY_POOLS compilation option)
#
-

#  TAG: delay_pools
#       This represents the number of delay pools to be used.  For example,
#       if you have one class 2 delay pool and one class 3 delays pool, you
#       have a total of 2 delay pools.
#
#       To enable this option, you must use --enable-delay-pools with the
#       configure script.
#delay_pools 0

#  TAG: delay_class
#       This defines the class of each delay pool.  There must be exactly
one
#       delay_class line for each delay pool.  For example, to define two
#       delay pools, one of class 2 and one of class 3, the settings above
#       and here would be:
#
#delay_pools 2      # 2 delay pools
#delay_class 1 2    # pool 1 is a class 2 pool
#delay_class 2 3    # pool 2 is a class 3 pool
#
#       The delay pool classes are:
#
#               class 1         Everything is limited by a single aggregate
#                               bucket.
#
#               class 2         Everything is limited by a single aggregate
#                               bucket as well as an "individual" bucket
chosen
#                               from bits 25 through 32 of the IP address.
#
#               class 3         Everything is limited by a single aggregate
#                               bucket as well as a "network" bucket chosen
#                               from bits 17 through 24 of the IP address
and a
#                               "individual" bucket chosen from bits 17
through
#                               32 of the IP address.
#
#       NOTE: If an IP address is a.b.c.d
#               -> bits 25 through 32 are "d"
#               -> bits 17 through 24 are "c"
#               -> bits 17 through 32 are "c * 256 + d"

#  TAG: delay_access
#       This is used to determine which delay pool a request falls into.
#       The first matched delay pool is always used, i.e., if a request
falls
#       into delay pool number one, no more delay are checked, otherwise the
#       rest are checked in order of their delay pool number until they have
#       all been checked.  For example, if you want some_big_clients in
delay
#       pool 1 and lotsa_little_clients in delay pool 2:
#
#delay_access 1 allow some_big_clients
#delay_access 1 deny all
#delay_access 2 allow lotsa_little_clients
#delay_access 2 deny all

#  TAG: delay_parameters
#       This defines the parameters for a delay pool.  Each delay pool has
#       a number of "buckets" associated with it, as explained in the
#       description of delay_class.  For a class 1 delay pool, the syntax
is:
#
#delay_parameters pool aggregate
#
#       For a class 2 delay pool:
#
#delay_parameters pool aggregate individual
#
#       For a class 3 delay pool:
#
#delay_parameters pool aggregate network individual
#
#       The variables here are:
#
#               pool            a pool number - ie, a number between 1 and
the
#                               number specified in delay_pools as used in
#                               delay_class lines.
#
#               aggregate       the "delay parameters" for the aggregate
bucket
#                               (class 1, 2, 3).
#
#               individual      the "delay parameters" for the individual
#                               buckets (class 2, 3).
#
#               network         the "delay parameters" for the network
buckets
#                               (class 3).
#
#       A pair of delay parameters is written restore/maximum, where restore
is
#       the number of bytes (not bits - modem and network speeds are usually
#       quoted in bits) per second placed into the bucket, and maximum is
the
#       maximum number of bytes which can be in the bucket at any time.
#
#       For example, if delay pool number 1 is a class 2 delay pool as in
the
#       above example, and is being used to strictly limit each host to
64kbps
#       (plus overheads), with no overall limit, the line is:
#
#delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 8000/8000
#
#       Note that the figure -1 is used to represent "unlimited".
#
#       And, if delay pool number 2 is a class 3 delay pool as in the above
#       example, and you want to limit it to a total of 256kbps (strict
limit)
#       with each 8-bit network permitted 64kbps (strict limit) and each
#       individual host permitted 4800bps with a bucket maximum size of 64kb
#       to permit a decent web page to be downloaded at a decent speed
#       (if the network is not being limited due to overuse) but slow down
#       large downloads more significantly:
#
#delay_parameters 2 32000/32000 8000/8000 600/64000
#
#       There must be one delay_parameters line for each delay pool.

#  TAG: delay_initial_bucket_level      (percent, 0-100)
#       The initial bucket percentage is used to determine how much is put
#       in each bucket when squid starts, is reconfigured, or first notices
#       a host accessing it (in class 2 and class 3, individual hosts and
#       networks only have buckets associated with them once they have been
#       "seen" by squid).
#
#delay_initial_bucket_level 50