Hello List...

I'm trying to install the latest verion of postgresql [7.2.3] after removing the rpm
installation (which worked ok with readline) on RH7.3.  My problem is that the output
of configure states:
checking for readline... no
with the result that postgresql installs ok but I don't have any command-line history.
 Readline .so files are installed on /usr/lib and the header files in
/usr/include/readline.

This is my configure command:

./configure  --enable-multibyte '--enable-nls='it fr de' --with-openssl=/usr/share/ssl
--enable-syslog --with-includes=/usr/include --with-libraries=/usr/lib

Any suggestions to figure out why it's not recognizing readline already installed are
greatly appreciated.

thanks
/j-p.

JUSTATEST Art Online