Just to give some more information, here is the message I get when I
check the configuration through the control center under "boot manager
(LILO)-
Configuration NOT ok. LILO said:
Warning: device 0x0302 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
LILO version 21.4-4 (test mode), Copyright (C) 1992-1998 Werner
Almesberger
'lba32' extensions Copyright (C) 1999,2000 John Coffman
Reading boot sector from /dev/hda1
Merging with /boot/boot.b
Fatal: geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (2551 > 1023)

Hope someone can help me.

regards Greg