Anthony E. Greene wrote:

On 04-Nov-2002/23:00 -0600, Joseph A Nagy Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First, the OS: RH Linux 7.2 (Enigma).
Second, the problem. With the session manager (while logged in as root),
you can supposedly change the background of the main login screen (and
you can). My problem is that after about 5 seconds of it being flashed, I
get that goddamned blue screen with the RH logo up in the left. How does
one prevent that from occuring?

Edit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and change the background.

Tony
<snip>

I'm looking at that file now. The only images I see defined there are for the KDE and GNOME splash screens that you see when you are starting either environment. The other image stuff defined is xpm's, icons, and GTK themes. None of which I'm looking to change. I can attach (or copy paste) my gdm.conf file as I may be missing something, but I'm filing over this file with a fine toothed comb (and Gimp).

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and Partner die so they can figure out Linux and ascent into

Camarialla ID: US2002023638 Help bring Nemo home!
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=jnagyjr http://www.geocities.com/grand_dream/