Hi,
I decided to try a different tactic to get CUPS working I removed
all of the printing rpms from my computer got ahold of RH7.3 and
did an upgrade adding all the cups and gimp packages. I installed
the printer and printed a test page so that part works, but when
I tried to print  with
lpr filename
I got the following error message
Status Information:
 sending job 'root@localhost+367' to h1120@localhost
 connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1
 connected to 'localhost'
 requesting printer h1120@localhost
 job 'root@localhost+367' transfer to h1120@localhost failed
  error 'NONZERO RFC1179 ERROR CODE FROM SERVER' with ack 'ACK_FAIL'
  sending str '^Bh1120' to h1120@localhost
 error msg: 'spool queue for 'h1120' does not exist on server
localhost.localdomain'
 error msg: '   non-existent printer or you need to run 'checkpc -f''
~
Not surprisingly I get the same error for lpr -o raw filename
the /etc/printcap has one entry at this point of
h1120:
Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this working?
Also how do you get it to start cups on boot it is not in
the services listed with ntsysv?
                Thanks
                Linda Hanigan