On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 11:43:54PM +0100, Nick Wilson wrote:

> * and then Ed Wilts declared....
> > > Is there a way for me to check the 'history' of ftp commands on a
> > > particular user account?
> >
> > Are you interested in the client or server portion?  If it's the server,
> > check /var/log/xferlog.  If it's the client, then it becomes
>
> Yes, I need to find out if a someone that has access to an account has
> been active in that account. IE. downloading/uploading files....

You can check the ncftp history file, but it's just going to be a guess.
There's no guarantee that the user has used ncftp or if the history
files have been flushed.  Check the bash history files to see which
commands have been executed, assuming they haven't cleared those out.

Do you by any chance have process accounting running?  Is the psacct rpm
installed?  I don't run psacct here, but I think I remember it being
installed by default on some installations.  At least you'll know which
commands were executed, even if you don't know the arguments.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@;ewilts.org