Hi,
        I've been breaking my neck trying to make work an adaptec 19160B card, the
sesitem configuratios is:

Athlon 2000+, 512 MB ram, Asus A7V333 motherboard, 3 seagate scsi chetaah 18.5
GB drives (15k, Ultra 160). RH 8.0 now, but I've tried with 7.3 too.

The drives are rated for the card at the same 160 MB/s which means 80 MHz, but
the aic7xxx driver recognize the card at 20 MHz and the system only works
well if I setup the drives at 40 MB/s (20 MHz) in the scsi bios.

This is not good because i'm using the 25% the speed of my hardware.

I've tried everything to solve this, recompiling the kernel, aplying patches
and so, but nothing works.

Will be great if somebody know how to configure the driver, or what can I do
to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance

Olgierd Eysymontt