Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 10:59 AM
Subject: Help With Samba

Hi All,
I am running Red Hat 7.3 and using Samba to share resources with Windows XP.
I have the following share defined

+++++++++++++++
[web files]
        comment = For uploading web Files
        browsable = yes
        writable = yes
        valid users = nlatif root
        hosts allow = 172.16.100.199
        create mode = 0777
        path = /var/www/html

This was working great till yesterday and then it just suddenly stopped working. I am pretty sure that there were no changes at any end.

Previously when I used to connect from "172.16.100.199", I got connected without any password prompt. But now it is asking for my password and my local account (nlatif) on this Linux machine doesn't work.

Have restarted the SMB service but didn't help.
Any Ideas ?

Regards \\ Naman