On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Hal Burgiss wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 11:48:43PM -0600, houston92 wrote:
> > Is there anyway to get Netscape 4.79 working on RH8.0?  I have tried to
> > load the rpm and the gz file from Netscape.  I am able to install the
> > software, but I am having problems with it abending due to a
> > segmentation error.  This happens when I log into an iPlanet server from
> > work.  It is trying to load a netlet that uses the old style java
> > authenication.  I am not able to use mozilla or any of its variants.
>
> abending?

Wow, I haven't heard that term much recenty.  That's from IBM OS/360 and
descendents (and somebody will surely chime in and tell me it's even older
than that).  ABEND = ABnormal END of program.

> [hal@cadillac hal]$ rpm -q netscape-navigator
> netscape-navigator-4.79-1
>
> I guess that's the package from 7.3. Runs OK ...

I've been using that for some sites that refuse to work with Mozilla (my
bank!), but not for anything sophisticated (e.g., Java).  What URL in
particular seems to be a problem.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences