On Saturday, November 9, 2002, at 06:12  PM, Geoffroy Hallard wrote:

I have configured the ip_forward like this :
$> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip-forward
Take a look at /etc/sysctl.conf and make the change there, so it will happen automagically every time you boot.

[...chop...]

Use this script to set up your iptables config,

#!/bin/sh

IPTABLES="/sbin/iptables"

$IPTABLES -F
$IPTABLES -F INPUT
$IPTABLES -F OUTPUT
$IPTABLES -F FORWARD
$IPTABLES -F -t mangle
$IPTABLES -F -t nat
$IPTABLES -X

$IPTABLES -P INPUT DROP
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP

$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -m state -i eth0 --state NEW -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

then do:

service iptables save
chkconfig iptables on
service iptables restart

and my iptables like this :
The last problem is I can't read mp3 files.
I try to upgrade the my version of XMMS (1.2.7) to the last one (1.3). I don't receve any error message but when I want to load the XMMS is the version 1.2.7 that is loaded, I don't understand!!!
No mp3 support in RH8.  Visit www.xmms.org to get the mp3 plugin.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/