Probaly the logs are been sent to /dev/console. I´ve
already saw this happening with syslog, never with
Samba.

Before you´ve ask me, I don´t know how to disable this
behavior.

 --- Rune Berge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu: >
> I keep getting messages like this on tty1:
>
> smb_request: result -104, setting invalid
> smb_retry: successful, new pid=542, generation=50
>
> Anybody know why? It's rather irritating. the log
> file parameter in
> smb.conf is set to /var/log/samba/%m.log
>
> Rune

=====
Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.imortais.cjb.net
--
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
                -- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Tempest"