I would argue a different point... html allows better formatting, and as
such can give you emails that actually look quite nice, as well as
allowing for coloured text and images. however i think the general
approach made to html emails is wrong... html clients tend to allow
scripting, whereas from a security point of view, it should be plain
html... no javascript, nothing else but standard html.

but then, there is little reason not to send emails that are both if you
want to use html, as most clients support sending of dual format... its
not like the excess text really takes up that much space...

Anton

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 21:18, Craig Iffelberg wrote:
> Thanks :) I try to always be as good a poster as I can.
>
> Html seems, as per the replies, just what I thought it
> is in e mail, useless.
>
> I'm glad I never bothered.
>
> Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated.
>

> On Friday 08 November 2002 12:42 pm, Saul Arias wrote:
>
> > This is one of the best posts I've seen on this list this year.
>

> --
Anton Piatek            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | Dept of Mathematics,
                        | Imperial College,
07900-951-627           | London, UK
---
Wise men speak when they have something to say.
Fools speak when they have to say something. - Plato