Am I right in thinking rc.sysinit is generated at instalation ? If so is
it possible to regenerate it against a running system ?

My reason for wanting to do this is that when i install my custom
kernel, rc.systinit still wants to call modprobe to load lots of modules
that are no longer needed because i have them compiled into the kernel
(such as usb keyboard/mouse) I know that I could just edit the
rc.sysinit script myself but my scripting skills aren't up to the task.

Any help on this would be great, thanks in advance,
Adam.