Hi everyone.

I installed the Apache RPM that comes with RH8, along with mySQL and PHP.
It's working but there's one small big problem. Actually, there's two.

The first one is speed. Apache couldn't be slower to respond - I suspect it's
apache because it's slow even when I don't start mySQL.
I point my browser to http://127.0.0.1 but I only start to see something about
10 seconds after! Is there any reason for this? I didn't change anything
important - the only thing I changed was to prevent the httpd and mysqld
services from running at startup. Anyone has any idea about what's wrong?

The second problem is in PHP. $PHPSESSID is always empty! I'm working on a
website that has an admin control panel and I use sessions to control the
logins. In windows it works fine, in my company's webserver it works fine too,
in my Linux instalation, $PHPSESSID is always empty and that screws up my login
system. Any ideas about this one?

Thanks in advance!
Regards from Portugal,

Raśl
--
10Mb na sua caixa de email gratuita no mail.pt
http://www.mail.pt