Bill Horne wrote:
----------------->>>>
The flood of (Out of office) messages to redhat-list raises two questions:

1. Why isn't the Mailman software picking up on the loop? I have the
   "been there" headers enabled in my Mailman setup, and it seems an
   good idea for things like this.

2. Can we get a "standby" moderator approved? You lads in Australia
   would be the obvious choice, since most bots kick in at midnight.
   Someone with the admin password could have made short work of this
   problem.
I have to agree here.  Why is it that this isn't being filtered at mailman
level?  But even more so, why is it that people feel the need to have OOO
messages?  I don't understand this thought process.  We don't allow OOO
messages in our net at all.  It's IT policy!  Why do I need to receive a
message when someone is OOO?  If it is so important that I get a response
than I would not use email.  Sorry OOO messages just irk me.

If the moderators cant handle the amount of work here then there should be
more of them.  Delegate the work out...