From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:redhat-list-admin@;redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Brian Healey
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 12:52 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Personal Server Specification Recommendations

Has anyone set up a server for Home use?
-I want to be able to do web design, system administration, and some
database design.

Would you please share with me the specifications and/or recommendations
you
have?
- i.e. Brand, Processor, memory, etc.
* I'd like to get a computer that doesn't have driver and swappable
component issues
For example I can run to Best buy and get a little E-Machine - price is
right, but Linux isn't supported, no drivers will be available, I'd
rather
not try and 'bastard-ize' a machine that was only intended for Win
Me....

Do you have domain name, or do you write a script to perpetuate you IP
address?
- Any issues, concerns, legality, etc.

Thanks in Advance
-Brian