** Reply to message from greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sat, 16 Nov 2002 07:25:43
+1100

> Hi jack,
> I did ctrl-alt-f1, it took me to the text log in.  Nothing else
> happened, so I presume this means nothing??  Sorry, I am very new to
> linux, and don't know a lot about how it all works.

If you didn't see a constant barrage of text streaming past when you got to the
login screen, then you probably do not have a runaway process on your hands. I
wish I could help but this one smells more like some kind of potential hardware
problem such as bad RAM rather than software.

jb