Hello Ed,

> In any case, mailman does have options to detect infinite loops like
> this but even the current production releases miss a few.  In the beta
> releases, the detection is supposed to be better and more cases will be
> caught.

 Could you maybe explain how this would be implemented? A mailing list is
based on the principle that everybody can reply to any message, so every reply
is a reply to a message that has "been there". Loop control is usually based
on the principle that you don't reply to a reply to a message you sent by
setting and checking a flag, but I don't see how that could be implemented
here.

Bye,
Leonard.