Hey all, I've been following the 'procmail processing' thread pretty closely, as I'm wanting to set up a spam filter such as the one described at:

http://www.fadden.com/techmisc/asian-spam.htm

I then went to tldp.org and found:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO.html

Which I followed up by looking for info on qmail:

http://cr.yp.to/qmail.html
http://www.qmail.org/

And have several questions.

I've been reading the procmail and procmailrc man pages (as well as the man pages for procmailex and fetchmail) and feel that I'm ready to move away from Mozilla mail and start taking a hands on approach to spam.

My question(s).

I'm /home/Alex

When in the man pages it says $HOME/Mail, would $HOME be /home/Alex (I'm thinking yes, but I don't want to royally screw my system). I've also seen mention of using ~/.procmailrc (would that inidate /home/Alex/.procmailrc ?). If it's /home/Alex/Mail, I already have the folder.

What about tcpserver? Is that something I have to install or is aleady on my machine (man tcpserver returns nothing, neither does man inetd)? Although I will eventually read:

http://www.summersault.com/chris/techno/qmail/qmail-antispam.html

I'm not there yet. I just need to get qmail installed (haven't done it yet, but I plan to use it as a replacement to sendmail).

As you can tell, I'm a bit nervous. This is a rather big step for me in admistering my computer (which hosts 5 web sites (Apaceh 1.3.27)) and if I take it, I want to be absolutely sure I know what I'm doing.

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and CEO die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into