On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Javier Gostling wrote:

> Now we only have to wait and see how much money the Gates foundation
> sends to India.

ah, but it gets better (in a weird way).  i just got a private email,
from an ethnic east indian, accusing me of being a vicious racist
for simply pointing out how the indian government had the obvious
good sense and backbone to stand up to gates and his millions.

for my trouble, i was labelled a "rascist" [sic] and "looser" [sic].
seems you can't please everyone.  oh, dear.

rday

p.s.  there is, of course, a delicious irony related to how MS throws
millions at the school systems in developing countries, while subjecting
american school systems to snap audits.  apparently, charity doesn't
really begin at home, does it?