Hello,

We are running sendmail 8.12.6 (under Linux RedHat
7.2), we have ou own domaine, and the MX entry is well
configured and here is what's happening:
- local mail delivery is OK
- e-mail form external sites are received
- we can take our local mail from an external site
using POP3
- but as soon as we try to send e-mail to an external
site, we have the message "Deferred: connection timed
out to mail.toto.com", and nothing else: no Relaying
denied, or DNS problem, or mail configuration
problem...

We can telnet our mail serveur on port 25, and if we
use "sendmail -v -t", we see the name resolution is
OK, but then, it cannot reach the distant server
(whereas the ping command is OK, and nslookup too).

I tried to configure sendmail about 5 times, but
nothing changed.

Here is my .mc configuration file:
========================
divert(-1)
include(`../m4/cf.m4')dnl
OSTYPE(`linux')dnl
DOMAIN(mydomain.com)dnl

# Anti-spam features
FEATURE(`dnsbl')dnl

# Relaying features
FEATURE(`relay_entire_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `btree
/etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
FEATURE(`genericstable', `btree
/etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domain')dnl

FEATURE(`limited_masquerade')dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp', `reject')dnl

define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases,/etc/mail/majordomo.aliases')
define(`confCF_VERSION', ` MyCompany 01/10/02')dnl
define(`confEIGHT_BIT_HANDLING', `mimify')dnl
define(`confCOPY_ERRORS_TO', `postmaster')dnl
define(`confDEF_CHAR_SET', `ISO-8859-1')dnl
define(`confMIME_FORMAT_ERROR', `True')dnl
define(`confQUEUE_WARN', `24h')

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl