Greg wrote:

I need to re-install windows. What effect is this going to have to
lilo, and what do I need to do to ensure a problem free install, with a
fully working linux system still available?

regards Greg

It depends on whether you installed lilo in the mbr or in the first sector of
boot partition /boot.
In the first case you will probably mess things up if mbr is rewritten in the process.
You will then have to access linux using the rescue floppy you should have done on
install and reinstall the boot loader.Next time remember to use a /boot partition and
install the boot loader on it .

Good luck