Thanks Marc,

this doesn't really help me though, since this machine is acting as a server,
and I have not installed KDE. :|

My hope was that I could edit some nice files in /etc and maybe install some
stuff... but, alas, no such luck...

oh well, I'm still open for suggestions. :)

Quoting marc dobler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> hello Pal,
>
> i am in the same situation (french, english, japanese).

<snip/>

> in KDE,

<snip/>

> that's it.
> up to now, in order to write in the language you have chosen,
> they say one need to restart the session.
> personally, i did not find yet any other shortcut ...
>
> 'hope this helps
>
> Marc

/ pål brattberg

---{ shameless plug o' the year }---