Hace Calor,

On Thursday November 21, 2002 09:18, Hace Calor wrote:
> All the quotas on our system (Red Hat 7.3, quota package quota-3.03-1,
> kernel kernel-2.4.18-5, ext3fs filesystems) keep getting hosed.  I keep
> updating them, but user quotas either disappear, revert to the previous
> quotas, etc.  About once per week I've been setting the quotas properly,
> but as each day goes on, even without modifying *any* quotas, one by one
> they start disappearing.
>
> I've already tried deleting the aquota.group file (we're using group
> quotas, specifically) and starting over, but the problem is persistent.
>
> I'm a step away from keeping user quota information in a database and then
> running a script to set the quotas every day, but that seems a bit on the
> kludgy side.  Does anyone have a better solution or any info?

Here's what I recommend...

1. Upgrade your kernel. Yours is out of date.

If that fails to make a difference...

2. Get the latest quota src package from rawhide and recompile it for your 7.3
system.

If that also fails...

3. Go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ and file a complete and thorough bug
report. Give them lots of details so they can help resolve your problem.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]