On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 09:49, Ian wrote:

> >Sounds like a hardware issue, probably related to your graphics
> >adapter and its driver for XFree86. I would take this to the
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or http://bugzilla.redhat.com
> >
> >- --
>
> Yeah, thats likely. It has a rather odd video card. Its a system9 video
> card if i remember correctly. Some special video card for use with SGI flat
> panel screens. I remember we had a bit of trouble getting it to work. Maybe
> i'll just pick up a cheap low end ati or radeon card.
>
> Ian

There are some definite issues with Red Hat 8 and various video drivers.
My box hangs if I'm running Xscreensaver (can't ping it - nada - dead)
within a day or two. Didn't in Red Hat 7.x

Another guy (who posted to my bugzilla report) has a laptop that crashes
with any any OpenGL app. Didn't in Red Hat 7.x

Let's hope this weirdness with certain video cards is isolated and fixed
by Red Hat 8.1 :)

--
Michael A. Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>