Hi folks!

Im having a ball trying to install XINE I install the libraries from
xine-ui-0.9.13

by using
./configure
make
make install
make clean

then after running ./configure from xine-ui-0.9.13 i get

*** Could not run XINE test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding XINE or finding the wrong
*** version of XINE. If it is not finding XINE, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to
point *** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run
ldconfig if that*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it,
although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
configure: error: *** You should install xine-lib first ***

So I edit /etc/ld.so.conf and added /usr/local/lib/xine/plugins run
ldconfig and try to install the ui package again and get the same error.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
--

Will Mendez