On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 17:01, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > I apologize because I know this has been asked before, but I can't find my
> link to the archives (because I just rebuilt my Linux PC with Redhat 8). I
> want to use Evolution but I don't want to install all the Ximian stuff I had
> on my previous RH73 machine. I just want Evolution.
> >
> > Right now I'm downloading from
> ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/ximian/ximian-evolution/redhat-80-i386. There are a
> lot of rpms in there, about 65 meg worth I think. Do I need to install all
> of that just to run Evolution? Can anyone tell me how to install the
> minumum? I looke dat the FAQ on Ximian's web site and didn't see anything
> there about it.
> >

> Evolution comes with Red Hat 8.0 - though it's only version 1.08 vs.
> Ximian's 1.20. That means the packages should already be on the RH 8.0 CDs
>
> -Rick
Downoad Ximian Red Carpet.
You can use that to upgrade to Evolution 1.2 w/o needing to install a
bunch of crap you don't want.

Ximian has very clear and precise instructions on how to upgrade to
Evolution 1.2.0 on a Red Hat 8.0 system without installing all the stuff
you don't want.

http://www.ximian.com/products/evolution/download.html

It's about 20mb of stuff (I did it) - RPM based install - easy as cake.
--
Michael A. Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>