Patrick Law wrote:
I am not sure how to enable ftp service in my linux box, what configuration file I should modify, and what are the stuffs need to be enabled? Thanks
Look in /etc/xinetd.d. There should be configuration files for various services, like telnet, tftp, and wu-ftpd. The default installation turns off these services. There's a line in these configuration files that looks like:

disable = yes

Just change it to "no" to activate. After you change anything in /etc/xinetd.d, you have to restart xinetd with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart". You may also need to modify your /etc/hosts.allow. On one of our machines, /etc/hosts.allow looks like this:

#
# hosts.allow This file describes the names of the hosts which are
# allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
# by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#

in.telnetd : LOCAL
in.ftpd : LOCAL