Hello,

Found numerous journaling errors from a RAID 0, spanned over three drives at
/dev/md0. Any ideas on why or how the file system fell apart? Below are
snips of the errors reported:

<snip>
Nov 27 00:47:44 RHserver kernel: EXT3-fs error (device md(9,0)):
ext3_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in datazone - block = 60425121, count =
1
<snip>

<snip>
Nov 27 00:47:48 RHserver kernel: Assertion failure in
journal_forget_R80fce437() at transaction.c:1208: "!jh->b_committed_data"
<snip>

I have two main question; 1) how can I check the status and provide
preventative maintenance of an Ext3 file system on a RAID 0 device; and, 2)
how can I repair a failed journal without rebooting the machine?

Thank you in advance.

James D. Parra