On 10:49 27 Nov 2002, James Pifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I've upgraded one of my PC's to Redhat 8 and so far like it a lot,
| although I'm not thrilled with Konquerer as my File Manager.(obviously
| running KDE) Can anyone suggest a better one?

I usually use the command line myself, but there're several file manglers
in freshmeat; I use rox-filer, myself, when I want a GUI. See:

        http://freshmeat.net/projects/rox-filer/
        http://freshmeat.net/browse/860/?topic_id=860

Take your pick.

| Also, I have a second disk mounted as /disk2. How can I give myself
| complete access to everything under /disk2 so I can read and write to
| this drive at will when logged in as myself or as root?

Root always has access, so this devolves to giving yourself access.
If it's all just plain data, why not just give yourself ownership:

        cd /disk2
        chown -R yourlogin .

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Live to Flame - Flame to Live - Flame to WIN
        - Lou Montgomery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>