At 14:28 28/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:
Hi all,

If I start up gnome-terminal in redhat 8.0 it gradually
consumes all of my memory and swap space until my
machine is unusable. I can watch it doing this using
'top'. My current solution is to use xterm as my
default terminal.

Has anyone else come across this problem?
Hmm - perhaps I have. My laptop with rh8 will start thrashing the
disk and become unresponsive until I poweroff. The last time it happened
I let it go until gnome-terminal died - then I could carry on working
with it.  I've just fired up top in gnome-terminal and I can see the
memory usage of gnome-terminal slowly creeping up - it was 10%
when I started writing this and is now 23.7%.

ttfn
nick

Also, out of interest, why is there no redhat 8.0
specific list?

Thanks for any help

-- Rupert
--
Centre for Novel Computing,      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Computer Science,  http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/cnc