Hi,

The reason the program didn't compile had something to do with
bzip2. If I installed the rpm bzip2-development it worked like
a charm... same thing if I downloaded the bzip2 source code
and compiled that. I think it's stupid that the bzip2-development
package wasn't installed in the first place, as I selected all the
development packages in the install. But bzip2 isn't even listed
there, so I had to install it manually.

I really don't like RedHat's package tool in 8.0, is there an other tool
out there I can use?

/dahonk