I'm trying to use openbox on redhat 8, I've installed the Xft and
Xft-devel packages (version 2.0-1), and I have installed the MS core fonts
which are available to me in OpenOffice and other apps.   When I configure
openbox I get:

checking whether to build support for the Xft extension... version 2
checking for XftFontOpenXlfd in -lXft... no

in the config.log i find:

XFT2_FALSE='#'
XFT2_TRUE=''
XFT_FALSE=''
XFT_TRUE='#'

Openbox does build fine, but of course is lacking support to use Xft, and
of course missing the whole reason I'd use openbox over blackbox.

Does anyone know what I could be missing? (or is anyone using openbox, and
know for sure what i'm doing wrong?)

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net/~forrest

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great
nation, we must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect
our homeland."
    -- Adolf Hitler, on the creation of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany

PGP Key: http://truffula.net/~forrest/pub.key
8EC5 F031 E8BC 1BA7 B572  5C32 BAF4 2073 F96C 06AC