all,

I'm been getting the below message on bootup, i've looked in the config
files and do not see anything that could relate.

ifup: Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
ifup:     SET failed on device eth0 ; No such device.
ifup: Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
ifup:     SET failed on device eth0 ; No such device.
netfs: Mounting other filesystems:  succeeded
ifup: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
ifup: Failed to bring up eth0.
network: Bringing up interface eth0:  failed

only thing is I don't have a wireless card;I have a xircom 100m/56k
pcmcia card. eth0 still comes up and works fine.

i'm running a dell latitute 266mhz rh80

I've also googled for an answer an couldn't find anything.

anyone else run into this?

Doug