On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 15:59, Larry Brown wrote:
> Thanks guys for the help, the PHP list got me the answer.  For anyone else
> wanting to know the same thing, the following solves the problems:
>
> Add the line,
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html
> To the httpd.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf directory.  In previous versions
> of apache this line was already there.  With RH8's version the line is not
> normally necessary if you only want it to read script information from the
> default .php extension.

You may want to put this info inside /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf in order
to keep PHP related items in one place. While one vs. the other probably
doesn't matter in the end, in the unlikely event that you need to
uninstall PHP from that machine, your directives would also be removed.

Side note - for my system I had to add the other PHP extensions to the
php.conf so they too would be processed. They included file filters for
php4, php3, and phps.

Just a thought,
-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (from home)
Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc.