This just hit my funny bone.......

Windows No Longer Vulnerability King
11/26/2002 2:22:09 PM

Microsoft's recent focus on securing its products seems to be working.

According to a November 12, 2002 AberdeenGroup report, open source and Linux
are the new kings of security problems.

The study, titled "Open Source and Linux: 2002 Poster Children for Security
Problems", states virus and trojan horse Computer Emergency Response Team
(CERT) advisories affecting Unix, Linux, and open source software products
went from one in 2001 to two for the first 10 months of 2002, while
advisories affecting Microsoft products peaked at six in 2001 and then
bottomed out at zero for the first 10 months of 2002.

The study reports that more than one of every two (16 of 29) CERT advisories
published for the first 10 months of 2002 were open source and Linux software
specific.

No longer can one group point fingers at another.

The reports suggests open source and proprietary software vendors must test
more rigorously; recognize that viruses are "being replaced by harmful active
Internet content,"; and implement "a more active, almost global security
vulnerability notification and response system."

--
      << MCT >>  Michael C Tiernan     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Now a Free Agent                 http://world.std.com/~mtiernan