I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it, according to the header
of my policy
file:
Email support is not included and must be added to this file.
Add the 'emailto=' to the rule directive section of each rule (add a comma
after the 'severity=' line and add an 'emailto=' and include the email
addresses you want the violation reports to go to).  Addresses are
semi-colon delimited.

So, I modified the policy file to include emailto = <email address>.

example follows:
# Tripwire Binaries
(
  rulename = "Tripwire Binaries",
  severity = $(SIG_HI),
  emailto = root
)

root is aliases to another address, but you could put any e-mail address in
there that
you want.  Don't forget to modify every section you want e-mail from,
install the policy file, and you should be good to go.

JMF